Sunday, June 17, 2007

The past month

Pictures of the last month or so:



I spent 2 short night in Lake Placid before heading to Montreal. I stayed with my friends Randy and Lisa. Randy has the outdoor shower hooked up. It is a pleasant Adirondack experience.


My friend the “bead lady”. Stacey owns Just Bead It which is a bead store in Lake Placid. I really don’t feel that tall.


Here are a couple of the dudes, Bill and Whit, from Placid Planet Bicycles. One of the best shops anywhere.


Literally behind the scenes of a World Cup start in Montreal.


One of my favorite people, Audrey, came by to say hello while we were in Montreal. Audrey was on the team the last two years but is taking a break and going to University as the Canadians say.


That’s the Kiwi Jeff, the Canuck Gina, and another Kiwi, Meshy, from Team Expresscopy before the start in Philadelphia. They are always pleasant people to see at the races.


Iona had the benefit of her personal assistant, Clay, to attend to her every pre-race need. Okay, Clay is Iona’s husband. Iona is the Jamaican national champion therefore her kit is designed around the country’s flag colors. If any of that stuff fit me, we’d be doing some bargaining for sure.


LOCAL FLAVA. This local guy on a Huffy decided to jump into the race and pedal his little heart out. It was hilarious. Eventually the cops got to him though.


Because Rachel’s phone dials me from her pocket, I thought I’d post this picture of her for all to see. Actually it’s a cool picture and shows how steadfast and steely-eyed she is in the face of the onslaught of hungry bike riders looking for a feed. She does make up far fetched stories that involve me that I don’t remember and I can’t convince her she is a little loopy (in a good way). Go Rachel! No, go away Rachel and eliminate me from your speed dial. PLEASE! I can’t take another muffled phone message in which I hear you singing along to ABBA while in your car. It’s all too voyeuristic and it upsets me. Make it stop. Make… It… Stop!

No comments: