Thursday, September 21, 2006

Screw the truck

Not too much to update since I left Milwaukee on Tuesday. Driving all day is really getting to me. The route to Arizona is particularly boring too, although I can add another state to my "been there" list. TEXAS. Don't mess with it. All my ex's live in Texas. Now that we are in New Mexico the scenery should be getting better and we have about 8-9 hours until we can stop in Tempe.

Holiday Inn Express are the best places to stay. Great beds and sheets. Good breakfast with more choices than just a dry danish and crappy coffee like other "continental breakfasts." I'm thinking of becoming a spokesperson. Need to come up with a pitch and present it. Any ideas out there? Should I get an agent before I'm famous or afterwards. Actually I'd really settle for some sort of sponsorship. I wonder if I could do that? Hmmmm?

Oh no! Poodle alert in the breakfast nook.

While sitting in the truck these past two days I started thinking of things that could be worse than sitting in the Timex truck:
1. Learning to play golf. No offense. I just don't see me playing that game.
2. Antique-ing (shopping for antiques). Is that some sort of huge industry or what. Seems like there are antiques barns all over this country. Maybe if they called it "useable junk shopping" it might appeal to a different kind of person. Again, I realize we all have our thing to do. Some people really enjoy it. But if I'm ever in a relationship with someone and we are spending the weekend to drive around looking for antiques, somebody please smack me. Sorry ladies!
3. Waiting in line for a table at a mediocre restaurant. Waiting sucks. I'm outta there if the wait is over 30 minutes. I can hold out for 40 minutes if need be.
4. Having a desk job.
5. Assembling Huffy's at Walmart, K-mart, etc. (Although a friend of mine did that once and made some good money for a few weeks since they paid by the work done).
6. Giving Tune-ups on Huffy's.
7. Having a cat sneak onto my pillow during the night. Ah choo! I also don't care to hear a cat purring near my head in the morning. Again no offense.
8. Being bit by a rattle snake or other venomous creature while out in the backcountry.
9. Having to wear a tie and jacket to work. I'm okay with getting dressed up once in awhile but glad I don't have to everyday.
10. ?????????????????

Time to get the show on the road.

Cheers,
DJB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aig Credit Card Philippines

TC said...

10) Sitting in pretty much any other truck
11)...with any of the aforementioned exes
12)...petting their cats
13)...listening to Madonna

Anonymous said...

**snip** I started thinking of things that could be worse than sitting in the Timex truck:
1. Learning to play golf. No offense. I just don't see me playing that game. **snip**

i AM going to get you out on the course with me someday... just for 9 holes :)

Randor