Sunday, February 04, 2007

Updating Finally!

Hello to all who have been wondering about me. I'll spare you the mundane day to day life details. As my last update tried to convey, I've been busy. One of the busiest times ever. January 28th was the target day to leave for California. The 28th came and I headed out. Enjoy the picture montage!


Before leaving Team Sports I tried to get as much work done as possible. Here I am gluing some tires to be mounted later.


Here is Eric building some TT bikes.


Here is Rachel and Jess organizing the Specialized eyewear and Voler clothing.


This was an "RV" traveling couple I met one night at the hotel. They were on their way to warmer temps from Nebraska and we bonded because I was pulling a trailer too.


I always get excited driving east to west. The west has such a huge feel to it. Imagine what the first people thought. The thought of the mountain men living there has always fascinated me. Mountain men and cowboys.


Went to see a man about a horse. There must be a tree somewhere?


This is what the inside of the trailer looks like. Everything stayed in place on the trip.


Driving and driving. Left on a Saturday and arrived in St. Helena, Ca (Napa Valley) on tuesday. Everyday was sunny. No snowstorms or broken vans like last year. The worst part was getting about 7 miles per gallon. I stopped about every 160 miles for gas. I guess that's okay since I enjoy visiting truck stops. They have the most interesting stuff to buy if you take a minute to shop around. One place had several different types of 12 volt appliances to plug into the cigarette lighter. Hot pots. sandwitch presses, coffee makers etc. Cool!


A sunset while driving.


For the next 10 days Eric and I have set up our trailers at the Sutter Home Winery parking lot. As long as we have electric and water, us mechanics are happy.


You couldn't have the bike frames arrive at such a last minute moment if you planned it. They were finally in our hands 12 o'clock Friday and the riders were scheduled to ride 10am Saturday morning.


Somehow Eric and I, with the help of my pal Shane who flew in from Connecticut, got 26 frames assembled for the athletes. We worked from noon until 2 am that night. Took a nap and resumed in the morning getting the adjustments right. I must say we came through big time. I hope everyone appreciates it, since I don't think you'll find dedicated and thorough guys like us just standing on the street corner. We rocked!

Camp is progressing along with other kinds of busy work but at least everyone is riding. Phew!

I'll try and update some more this week with more behind the scenes of a pro cycling training camp.

Good night,
DOUG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, you're gonna sleep for awhile, maybe, sometime.

Tyler Wren said...

Thanks for the hard work Doug- you guys rock!

Anonymous said...

I wonder where Randy Wint?

Anonymous said...

Doug,

Try me at mooseriver4me@hotmail.com

Scott