Thursday, May 10, 2007

Gila

Last week was the Tour of Gila in Silver City, New Mexico. The race went great for the team. Lot's of tough stages and Colavita let the other teams know they are the ones to watch. I've never been to Silver City. To be honest I didn't get a great vibe from the town. I'm sorry I just don't know how to describe it.


My view of the race.


Our rental car for the week was a Lincoln Town car. My mom has this car I think. We used a similar car two years ago at Altoona and I was carsick almost everyday. We had a lot of sarcastic "nice car" comments from the other teams. All in good fun.


Dotsie on her way to 2nd place in the time trail. FAST!


One of the best days of racing I've seen. Although you enter the day's race with a plan it may not be the plan at the end of the day. That's what makes racing so exciting. Plan A went to Plan B which morphed into Plan C etc. By the end of the race, Dotsie went for plan E which was to take on the sprinters for the win. Look at the gap she had.


Andrea had a great race too. Here she is in a 5 up breakaway sprint.


Sarah riding with the climbers like it was no big thing.


PHEW! I feel like a soggy potatoe chip. I'd rather have a cup of coffee.


RAINBOW

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are some sweet race shots!
Did you shoot these?

Anonymous said...

I think that rental car would have looked better if it were all black with dark tinted windows..kinda like the mafia.