Thursday, November 29, 2007

People read it!

Wow! Thanks for the comments. I guess I never kept track when people have told me they read my rambling blog entries. I am pleasantly surprised.

I don't have much to blog about right now. It's cold in Milwaukee. I'm busy at work. Going to California next week for some work stuff.

Looking to purchase a bed is about the most unattractive thing I want to spend my time doing. I went to a furniture store this past weekend to "check out the Thanksgiving madness sale". I was turned off by the elderly salesman with body odor that kept whacking the bed with his cane to demonstrate which mattress was firmer or softer than the next. He wouldn't leave me alone to browse at my leisure. Add to mix, people laying all over the place to check out the beds. Spouses exclaiming, "Honey, come check out this one." I couldn't take it anymore. I had a panic attack and high-tailed it out of there. Vowing to find something on Craigslist.com as I snuck through the TV and living room sections to avoid Mr. Stinkmeister.

Please, if someone wants to give me a nice bed here in Milwaukee, I'll come get it. Maybe.

Cheers and thanks for the reader support,
DOUG

2 comments:

Lynn said...

A used mattress, that's even scarier than shopping for one.

Bill said...

I totally hear you Doug! When I lived in CT I went through the same thing and was confronted by the wife of the store owner. "My husband owns this store and I can give you the best deal". The most common buzz word is, "We'll bring it right to your house". There should be a list of stores to shop where one can make your own decisions and are NOT confronted by a sales person. I'll high tail it out of any place that can not keep its clerks out of my face.