Sunday, December 16, 2007

From Cali weather to midwest snow

Got in some skiing this weekend. I feel a bit slow but still enjoy the graceful feeling of skiing (except on the uphills at this point. Ha!)



I used to be much more meticulous about the waxing thing. Now it's scape off the storage wax and go. Working on skis is relaxing in a way.


Trying to take a time delay picture you never know what you'll get. Everyone tries to get the classic skating picture and the in-between-weight-transfer-shot are goofy looking.


Crisp, clear, cold. A perfect Blue Extra wax day. For you skiers, you know what I mean. My memory banks have many of these days of skiing at Mt. Van Hoevenberg, Lake Placid, NY. I hear Van Ho is primo right now with a Nor' Easter on the way to add to the snow depth. Lapham Peak, shown here, in Delafield, WI is a fine place to ski too.

BYE,
DOUG

4 comments:

Laura Bowles said...

blue wax is for the temperature and conditions...I worked in a ski shop mounting bindings and waxing while living in Ithaca, NY one winter...I love the smell of wax...crazy weird...I almost said I love the smell of hot wax but then that sounds like I'm into some crazy sexual stuff...jeez...Kind of jealous about this skiing thing since I really have never had the oppurtunity to go in a nice pair of skis and boots. Ciao, Bowles

Anonymous said...

Yeah Dougie, Extra Blue beats klister skiing any day. the first race of the Utah series this year was at soldier hollow, but it was 39 degrees at the start, despite the forecast calling for 24 degrees. nothing like skipping the race warmup to slather Swix K22 all over your skis, gloves, ski bag and clothes. and trying not to crash face first on the downhills because of the skis icing up. it has been better here since then, with colder temps and reasonable kick on hardwax. where are those pics of Tom skiing?

peace out-

CD

DOUG BERNER said...

Tom is able to do the hammer fest from day one so I've learned not to join Tom until I get some easy kilometers in .

Anonymous said...

I think that it is time for a new post!