Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You Tube Findings

Man! YouTube can waste a lot of time.

I don't even recall why I went to the site in the first place. Found some good RHCP videos. I like band's commentary and what Flea and John say is interesting. The comments about The Clash and Van Halen are spot on. Who knows why we like certain things? Sometimes you just know when something is honest and has integrity behind it. John Frusciante plays the songs a little different than the album versions. Just goes to show how music, aka Rock n Roll, can be played different. It's not set in stone. Rather, it's how you feel about it.

The last 3 Chili Pepper's album have been on constant rotation on my i-pod. I keep going back to them and find stuff to listen too. I have a friend who says they are not like they used to be. That is true. They improved. THe early stuff was something different that was important but they've grown in a way to compliment each other. The Chili Peppers could not be anyone else but these four (even thought they've tried with Dave Navarro).






No comments: