Saturday, March 28, 2009

old and new

Nothing against Orbea bikes but it's refreshing to work on other bikes once in awhile. The shop is loaded with equipment for the Timex Team right now. During my short time in Wisconsin, I put together a couple of bikes to get them out the door and to their respective athletes.


The equipement room is all aglow with the orange of Trek TTX's and Madones.


I haven't had my hands on the latest generation of Madones in years. I am impressed with this frame and am thinking I might need one. I like the simplicity of the BB-90 bottom bracket. Curious how the Madones ride.


Team TTX


Let's all admit that this bike may be coolest bike in the shop right now. Yes, it's an authentic 7-Eleven team bike. Tom Schuler's to be exact. The one he won the USPRO championships on back in 1986 (1987?). It was recently willed to him and arrived in a box. Ask Tom about it since its a great story.

4 comments:

Mr. Pop said...

It was 1987 when Tom won his USPRO road race championship. Can't wait to hear the story.

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug, What's happening? I love the pics from Taiwan. Those bikes are pretty sick. BTW, where can I get one of those squirrel T-shirts?

Strapp

Kyle said...

I wish that I had read this post before camp and would have asked Tom about his 7-11 Huffy bike. Cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

Wrencher Doug:

Plow's old ride's a lookin' like a spatted Serotta. Am I way off?

Happy Trails,

Soigneur Bob
Libertyville, IL, "Where Mayberry Meets Fargo"