Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hey there,

Here is a quick re-cap of the last two weeks. Drove from Milwaukee to Bend, OR for the Cascade stage race. Long drive. Interstate driving is pretty uneventful so I decided to take highway 12 from Missoula, MT through Idaho on over to Oregon. That was a very scenic drive but it took me all day to drive only 400 miles as it was a twisty two lane highway through the mountains. Not sure if I'd do that again in the truck.

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5364036617977700034" />
Route 12 somewhere in Idaho.

I love coming to Bend. Always meet great people here. The race went well except for those darn Shimano shifters that keep crapping out. Fortunately, Ryan at Shimano Neutral helped me out with a couple of new ones while I try to bring them back to life.


Caravan Life


Hotel Life

Enjoying some time in Bend to do as much mountain biking as I can. Linsey Corbin hooked me up with her parents, Tom and Betty Pickell, so I've had a free place to stay and sleep. Hot weather here so trying to stay in the trees as much as the trails allow. Water, water, water!


Thanks Linsey! You Rock!


Riding the Deschutes River Trail in Bend, OR. Benham Falls then Bonking Falls.

1 comment:

That blond in Fresno said...

Hey Doug...did you run into my brother Jon in Bend?

If you are wanting to change up your water routine add a packet of Crystal Light...they come in many different flavors, my favorite is raspberry lemonade and banana/orange/strawberry.

Ha ha!
I beat you this time C.D

~Christine
aka That blond in Fresno