Monday, September 27, 2010

Fun Weekend

Here's a look at my weekend events.

Saturday and Sunday I got in two good road rides. Saturday was a bit cool (chilly), i.e. long sleeves and leg warmers. Yuck! By Sunday I'll be riding in Hawaii wishing it wasn't so hot. Anyways, stopped into the local Starbucks for a hot choco. I hate to admit it but I kinda liking our local Starbucks. It has free wi-fi now. Alterra has better coffee but it's sometimes too busy and they are discouraging people to hang out there too long. It gets a boat load of med students practically living there.


Saturday night I took myself on a date to see Junior Brown. I've seen him before and he kicks you know what. He did not disappoint. If you like good old fashioned honky tonk tunes mixed with the blues and wicked guitar showmanship you should check him out in your town. The drummer was fun to watch. I sensed that every night must be different for him and needs to be on his toes to follow Junior. The Bass player was solid too. When you don't notice the bass player it usually means he's good.



Sunday went over to Sun Prarie for the Cyclocross Grand Prix. Beautiful day. Good racing. It was nice to catch up a bit with some of the riders I know.

No comments: