Saturday, November 27, 2010

Great time working on the bike today


What is so relaxing about taking things apart?

It was a Saturday spent with tools and tunes. Reminds me of my days as a teenager working on my bicycle in the garage with a Rush cassette on the boom-box.

What started as the first time for me changing the oil and filter and cleaning the air filter turned into a few other things. I noticed the front wheel didn't exactly spin smoothly so I decided to see where it was hanging up. I thought maybe it was dragging on the brake pads. I cleaned up the spacers and seals on the wheel which seemed to do the trick.

I can't find the bolt I'm supposed to loosen to ensure I have oil pressure (oil check bolt) so I hope everything is fine. Might have to go to the moto shop and see if they can show me if they have a Yamaha on the floor.

No comments: