Thursday, April 19, 2007

Burnt Skin

Another day at the Tour. Three more days to go. I definetly got a bit tired of the routine tonight. I couldn't face the chance of another disappointing dinner so I headed to a Chili's that is by our hotel for some dinner and time by myself. I haven't felt quite right since feeling sick so I thought a steak to replace some iron might be the ticket.

Yesterday, Eric and I switched roles and I went in the team car for the race. Had to do some adjustments on the fly which means leaning out of the rear window of the car. This never happens in women's racing for some reason. The adrenaline was pumping because I never noticed the raspberry on my inner arm until later. I must have brushed against the bike tire as I reached around to adjust Gustavo's rear derailleur. Try spinning a wheel at 30 miles per hour and then graze the fleshy part of your inner arm against it. Ouch! It's a cross between a burn and a cut.

Well, I wish I could tell you the end was in sight. Not yet. We still have some racing to go. Enjoy the photos!


I forgot to post this photo of me sitting on the plane. (Keith, I took this from the camera that's in my MAC)

Mr. Dickie himself, Chris Davidson, is working with Navigators this race. Check out his updated diary entries on cyclingnews.com about the Tour of Georgia. Good behind the scenes stuff.


Nice looking gold campy wheels on the spare race bikes. Reminds me of the Rolf wheels that were gold from awhile back.


Tim and Rachel in a rare moment of nothing to do. They take care of the rider's needs. From food and drink to massage and perhaps a joke or two.


This isn't a great picture from the car but it's the only one I took. I was feeling a bit car sick trying to take a picture and ended up only trying once.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dougie-

good to see you and jelly at Georgia. i saw that you caught me in the act of flipping the bird at TdG. haha. keep posting to the blog, gotta keep that thing up to date. see you soon-

cd

TC said...

How do you spell relief from tire burn? B-double E-double R-U-N, Beer Run...good to see you Dougie.

Anonymous said...

so do tell djb
why "amginE ehT"??