Monday, April 16, 2007

Tour of Georgia

I'm in Georgia folks for the Tour of Georgia. Real quick this is what I've been up to.

1. After Timex camp took some personal time to visit Arizona.

2. Ran into Joe Conn (Lake Placid) resident in Flagstaff. Small world!

3. Left the van and trailer in Tucson.

4. Flew to Atlanta on Saturday to meet up with the men's team for the ToG.

5. Got food poisoning so Sunday I was not doing so good. Food is almost appetizing again. Almost.

6. Today was the first stage. Not much room at the hotel for all the team trucks/trailers but it all worked out somehow.

7. Looking forward to bed. Being sick wiped me out.


Riding in Arizona.


Remembering the days of Oakley Factory Pilots. These were the hot thing back in... oh let's see... 1986ish. I had the black ones that I got for Christmas one year. I didn't even ask for such a thing so I don't know how mom and dad even decided to buy them.

On a serious note. Today was the shooting at Virginia Tech. The largest mass shooting in U.S. campus history. This stuff gets me mad. What kind of world is this? Students should be able to live without such worries. We all should be able to live without such worries. Who is to blame? The shooter? Parents? Video games? Media?

Life is valuable and there is more to it than the Tour of Georgia.

Say hello to people tomorrow, do a good deed, and smile.

Cheers,
DJB

2 comments:

Bill said...

Cool shades Doug. Hey sweet handlebars as well ... if you were to lose a one the next time you roll through Missoula that would be sweet too. Enjoy the tour.

Anonymous said...

I don't know about those shades...but that hair style looks so hot on you!