Thursday, March 06, 2008

Arrived in Taiwan



Zao an (good morning),

I made it to Taiwan. Long flight (13 hours?)in which I slept most of the way. Not sure where March 6th went. I left on the 5th and arrived the 7th. Malaysain Air was the best flight I've been on. Not too cramped. Free meals that were like real food. Personal movie screens. Very friendly attendents.

We have to wait around the airport for a few hours then board a 5 hour bus ride to the start city on the other end of the island.


On the bus ride from Tapei to Kaohsiung.

Haven't looked at the bikes yet but hopefully there is no travel damages.

Cheers

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Doug Berner, It's been a long time since we've talked! This is Bill Hoffman from your old LP days and Rochester... How are you?

Just came across your blog and good to see your doing well and having fun. Last time I was up in LP, Kelly at High Peaks had mentioned to me you had been working as a professional mechanic. Way to go. Just came across your blog and had to say hi. Me - married and living in Canandaigua, riding lot's down there in the Finger Lakes and on the Tele's every weekend.

Next time your in Rochester give me a shout and we can go for a ride!

Regards,
Bill

The Smessies said...

Doug,

Miss you. What the hell are you doing with a men's team. I'm jealous. Hope all is well over in Asia. Drop me a line when you have a chance.

csmessaert@yahoo.com