Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tallest building

I'm at the Denver airport. One more flight before I'm back to Milwaukee. I left Taiwan two days ago...I think! One thing about Taiwan is that the people are very friendly and polite (except in buffet lines). At least that's my opinion. And it was really noticeable the minute we were in LAX how un-polite some of us Americans are. Glad to be back in the states but there pieces I'll miss from Taiwan. Mostly the people. The pollution was awful to our standards in the U.S. But considering our consumer appetite for cheap manufactured goods, we might be partly to blame.


Here is a nice group shot after the last stage in Taipei. The tall building in the background is the "101" (101 floors). It is the tallest building in the world at the moment and an engineering marvel. The morning before our flight back we took the fastest elevator in the world to the observation deck on the 90th floor. It was too overcast to get any view but was still worth it.

Cheers,
DJB

No comments: