Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers Day

I found myself thinking about my dad the other day. I'm not sure what sparked this particular memory but it keeps coming back to me.

I have fond memories of the times we went to get ice cream, usually in the evenings after dinner on a nice summer evening. It would still be light out when when we left the house but dark by the time we returned. Dad would say, "Want to go get ice cream?", and off we would go.

Going to Abbotts for a soft ice cream cone as it turns out was more than a tasty treat. To a kid it was spending time with dad on a summer evening with no worries in the world. I wish I could do that now. I wonder what he thought about it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fond memories, indeed. A nod to your great dad!

I found you Doug. It's Keri. Remember me--your clim-bing partner of FSR-1? How can I better get in touch with you? I'm instigating an FSR-1 reunion for October 8-9 there-abouts. Can you come?

Please email me at keri[dot]foster[at]gmail. I look forward to hearing from you and am happy to see you're doing well!