Monday, September 10, 2007

Ironman Wisconsin


Last week was Ironman Wisconsin. Every year I say what a great place Madison is and this year was no different. I won't bore you too much. You could go back to last year's rave reviews. Although I didn't get to stay around for race day, as I had to drive to Kansas City for the Tour of Missouri with Colavita/Sutter Home, I hear it was great weather. The Trek TTX's were dialed in so I'm confident the TIMEX athletes had no worries. Ironman's are funny though. Everything has to come together to have a race win. Even though my hunch of Dave Harju winning didn't pan out, I'm sure he gave it his best shot just like all the TIMEX team athletes do. It was nice to see several of them since I haven't been to most of the IM's this season yet.




Mark Andrews from Trek Bicycles came by to drop off a new TTX frame for us. The new model is about 390 grams lighter than the current model due to different carbon and some weight saving cut-outs. This particular one will be built up for Hawaii for one of our big guns.




Okay, I probably shouldn't be showing this picture. Shane or Kenny got a guess as to what this is? That's all I'm saying about it!


Hey Ben, are you jealous. People that work with the Ironman circus are some of the best people I've met. Gina from ART can loosen up those tight muscles.

I've mentioned before how my pal Chris Davidson will heckle me about updating the blog. Well, here I am sitting in the lobby of a Hilton in Kansas City, MO updating the blog and C. D. is sitting on the couch next to me. It's a strange world sometimes.

Tomorrow starts the Tour of Missouri. Six days of racing that will keep me busy so I thought I'd get this update in. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,
DJB

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that yur wife!!!!!;-P
you look smitten as a kitten DJB.
MEOW!
NOW pick up you gosh-[damn phone or else...
...kansas city here i come to boot yo in da a**! HARD
watch out Toto..
...I'm warning you...

Anonymous said...

'Tomorrow starts the Tour of Missouri. Six days of racing that will keep me busy so I thought I'd get this update in.'

Berner-

you know that you did not do any work today cause Jelly had it dialed before you got here, so stop trying to fool the millions out there that are reading this blog right now that you are/will be working hard all week. we know the truth.

you were eating some Kansas City BBQ with silverware at 7pm this evening, not slaving over dirty bikes in some poorly lit parking lot eating leftover race food with your clean hand at ten at night in the rain. the hardest thing you had to do today was walk down to the lobby to get internet access. tell your faithful readers the truth. you only come to these big tours for the fat hotel rooms and the free food. you are not working, you are here on vacation.

DJ blog readers, fight the power! dont believe the hype, come to the big races and see Dougie in[a lack of]action and demand accurate updates!


:)


CD

Anonymous said...

Do y'all know that djb is da 'best' mechanic!
he uses his hands and his feet ;-P
oh yaaahh!
he will be displaying his hidden talent at this years Interbike.
Count yur lucky stars...
Keep tuned!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a Litespeed in Trek clothing.

Chris sounds bitter did you borrow his 5mm and not return it?

DOUG BERNER said...

Wow Chris. I did not know you harbored such jealously at my steely-eyed professional skills. Are you taking your meds. Serenity Now! Serenity Now! Anytime you need me to cover for you just let me know. Hey, I'll see you in the lobby. I have to go sip a latte while Eric puts the numbers on.

Anonymous said...

Wow Chris. I did not know you harbored such jealously at my steely-eyed professional skills.

so i have much love for your mechanic skills, you should know that i can appreciate i guy that can make a women's team of riders happy[there are only 4 of us on the planet, it is a small club].

Are you taking your meds.

what am i on????? i am on my feet busting my ass 20 hours a day, what are you on???? :)

Serenity Now! Serenity Now! Anytime you need me to cover for you just let me know.

remember at most of the races that we are at together[ex. Nats in 7Springs], i am taking care of my team plus about half of the rest of the field each night. i got it COVERED. Solid!


Hey, I'll see you in the lobby.

man, only 11Mbps in the lobby, i guess that is why it is free.

I have to go sip a latte while Eric puts the numbers on.

got to trim those numbers down, no billboards! glad to see you have the rear brake holders.

DJB blog readers[lets see: me, dougie's mom, a triathlete, shane,.....anyone else out there?] dont get me wrong, dougie is a great guy, i like hanging out with him, but these 2.HC and 2.1 stage races can be a little more plush than he lets on.

2 hour transfer tomorrow before a 200km stage. 5:00am wake up call, bages out at 7:00am, doug will earn the money tomorrow.

peace out-

CD

DOUG BERNER said...

Chris,

See you in the lobby, parking lot, buffet line......

Anonymous said...

Attention all DJB blog readers: [all three of you] Doug has decided that it is too much work to update the blog while working. instead all new information will be communicated in the 'Comments' section of the last official blog entry. the 'Comments' have become the new blog. Talk to you soon. -CD out

Anonymous said...

HEY CHRIS D.
FYI
DOUG HAS MORE THAN JUST 3 READERS...HE HAS A HOT BLOND FEMALE IN FRESNO CALIFORNIA WHO IS HIS BIGGEST FAN...(TOO BAD WE ONLY SEE EACH OTHER ONCE A YEAR EH DOUG!!) ;)

SEE YOU IN MARCH!