Saturday, August 25, 2007

Kona Quiver


After a solid week of rain around here (flash back to memories of living in Portland, OR), this weekend the sun has returned. It's a good thing that the sun is here but unfortunately the saturated mountain bike trails at the "Kettles" are closed until they dry out. I can only look at the mountain bike for another day. I know I can ride the road bike but I've been itching for some dirt again.

I did a little mountain bike cleaning this week. Here are my KONA's. Yeah that's right I have a quiver of Kona's. I just seem to like the way they ride. About a month ago I picked up a "King" and joined the whole dual-suspension/ disc brake generation. In addition, I have my old race bike, "Kula". Actually I shouldn't call it old. It still rocks although the drivetrain needs a few pieces. This bike has the best wheels ever. Nice, handbuilt, and light built by me that have seen many miles and are still going strong. Bontrager Valiant rims, XTR hub, DT 14/17 spokes, tied and soldered. Lastly is the "Hot" with custom stars and bars paint job. At the time a Reynolds 853 steel frame was hot! The best paint job I've had on a bike. The Hot has been converted to a single speed get around town bike.

Hey Davidson-see you in Missouri. Ha!

Cheers,
DOUG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We now have proof that Dougie actually reads his comments. well, at least once a year.

CD

ps-

i have a Kona Kula hardtail and a Major Jake CX bike.

DOUG BERNER said...

Yeah Chris! Kona!