Thursday, March 15, 2007

76 degrees

It is 76 degrees this evening. I'm sitting on the back patio. Sometimes things aren't so bad.




Here's what I'm pondering. Who came up with "the law" that says men have to put the toilet seat down? There should be a meeting of said law makers to require that the seat in the van, car, truck, hot rod etc.be put back instead of jammed all the way into the steering wheel. Come on let's have some decency here. I'm just wondering!

Even though I've been sucked into watching American Idol with my host family, I have a strong feeling these contestants are not our most talented people out there. I don't claim to know much about the music industry but there are plenty of talented people out there that didn't show up for the contest. What about the hundreds of bands that are out there in some garage. Bob Dylan doesn't sing that good to some yet he has been hugely influential amongst musicians. They out to highlight the band that plays all the music on American Idol. There is more talent there.

I've been hanging around the house the last two days waiting for the 30 bike frames to arrive. Got a call this afternoon that they are coming tomorrow. MAN! Even though that prevented me from riding, I did help a few girls with some time trial position and worked on the trailer a bit. Mounted some t-nuts in the floor to bolt fork mounts so a few more bikes can be carried inside the trailer. Also designed a little exterior work shelf that attaches above the trailer fender and can be removed. It's perfect for a few tools and things when I don't really need to get my folding table out.

Went for a ride a couple days ago with some of the ladies. With riders on different agendas, those who start together usually don't end of together. Had a good ride with Andrea. My knees are feeling broken in and it was in the 80's. Andrea had looked at a map before we left and suggested we take "White something road". When we got to the road it was a dirt road. Inside I was thinking AWESOME! Luckily Andrea was up for it too. (Me and Athena once did an unexpected dirt road and it was one of the most memorable rides). This particular dirt road unfortunately did not go all the way through the valley. It was posted private about two miles down the road so Andrea and I had to turn around. UPS drivers are the best to ask directions and one happened to drive up as we were deciding which way to go. What can BROWN do for me? Tell me where to ride my bike that's what.



Nice roads with hardly any cars. Andrea is officially a lawyer. She wanted to go to Med School but then realized she didn't like blood and guts. If she had become a doctor, would people have called her DR. DRE?


Same ride. I'm always amazed that I can get myself in the frame when doing the self photo thing. I've been trying to shave for weeks now. To me winter is over. (I just looked and it is 20 degrees in Lake Placid. My pal Randy said he skied Porter Mtn the other morning in 49 degrees and perfect snow. I miss those spring klister days. Perfect corn snow and perfect wax).

For yucks I'm using a new blogger version. I think this video is amusing. It's a guy thing. I'm seeing if the link will work here when I copy and paste. See if it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zxlFoZhOC4&NR



SEE YA!

No comments: