Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fresno again

After the Tour of California. I drove 7 hours back to northern Cali to get my trailer and then headed to Fresno the next day. I've been in Fresno for about a week now and it's nice to be back staying with the Eopkins again. This is the the 3rd year I've stayed with this particular host family. Nick and Rebecca and the rest of the family are so generous with their hospitality that it is like being at home.

I've been busy (when am I not) but have found some moments to get in some riding. The weather has been vety nice lately. Cool mornings and warm days. T-shirt and shorts weather. It's hard to imagine it's only March. The east coast blood in me thinks it feels like June in Lake Placid.

The girls who were in Australia have returned so now we are a full team again. Last weekend at the Merced race it was just me and 3 riders. For this weekend's race we have 7 riders. We should have eight but another rider has found out she is pregnant and will have to put this season on hold. CONGRATULATIONS!

Since this weekend is the first time trial race of the year there is always a mad dash to get TT bikes set up. For the last few days I've been helping the girls get their position dialed in. Some are easy and some require taking bars off and on and off and on. Different saddles and so on. One thing has always boggled my mind in regards to woman's cycling. Even if a woman is on a top tier team it doesn't mean that they have been at it that long. Maybe only a few years. For men to be on a team of such a high caliber usually means they've gone through many years of rising through the ranks and getting all that knowledge about equipment along the way. Women can rise pretty drastically in this sport and not get all that education. I have to remind myself of this fact when working with the ladies.


Rode to Millerton Lake today (the other day I was on the other side of the dam. Looks like the water is low. All that brown color must be the water line when it's full.


Here is the dam from below.


Hey Keith! After the dam tour, I went to the dam gift shop for a dam bumper sticker. I got hungry so I got a bite to eat at the dam diner. (Anyone remember what movie I'm refering to?)


I've been riding by this person's house and noticed that the garage area is bigger than the house. THAT IS AWESOME!!


And here we are back at my little spot getting bikes ready for tomorrow's road race.

To my loyal followers who have been requesting an update I hope this is good enough. Keep checking back too!

Cheers,
DOUG

No comments: