Saturday, August 11, 2007

More about Lake Placid

Check out Tim Chien's blog in my links. Good description of Lake Placid happenings from Ironman week.

It's all true about my good luck moniker (It's not true about being a Madonna fan though). I can elaborate on that topic even further. Yes, I do have a reputation as a excellent mechanic. Two Lake Placid friends, Karen Lieb and Tanya Deeks say they race better knowing I have looked over their bikes. Karen also feels that it is good luck if I zip up her wetsuit on race morning. I really should market myself somehow. (Berner's Check and Zip, Berner's Lube and Zip, Doug's Flipper and Zipper?)

Here is another testimonial (names changed to protect any privacy issues)

"Dude
If I gave a victory speech at Placid, you would have been the first
person I thanked. I can't tell you how many mechanicals I saw out there on Sunday
including two guys throw their Derailleurs into their spokes...
It is a shame that you don't get the attention you deserve as a
professional mechanic but I want you to know that "Bee Lish" , "J Dizzle", and I couldn't have
reached our goals on Sunday without you and we really appreciate your work!
I guess people don't think about mechanicals until something goes
wrong...then you are the bad guy...not fun. You are appreciated by so many people, keep up the great work."

-Special, "Have you seen my ball", K

I didn't make this up for any self promotion but if you'd like my autograph I can arrange something. How about a TV reality series? Everyone else has one.

Seriously though, it is awesome to know that people appreciate something I do as well as all the other pro mechanics out there putting in long hours for not much pay because in the long run we love what we do.



Doug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bee Lish here. I second the comments from Special K! I enjoyed 112 miles of smooth sailing on my pink bike. Doug Berner ROCKS!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brooke!

DOUG