Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Joe Martin Recap


View from the caravan car. Jim on the radio relaying info to the ladies.

Here comes the Health Net train in the men's race.

Blood on the tape. The things I come across. One of our girls had a little crash and left me some blood to mark the occassion.

The little seen world of traveling in the caravan during a race. Its a world all its own with its own rules and protocol. Its an exciting time.


Heading to Russelville, AR today after a busy weekend. The team did great. The busy race life for me was even more draining as a result of my allergies/cold I had to deal with. Its not often I'm feel that under the weather. I think I'm allergic to Arkanasas. Hopefully I'm coming around.

This race is an NRC race but the organizers run it like a rinky dink amateur race. I'm surprised at the lack of professionalism. It seems that they receive suggestions every year but don't pay any attention. I hope we don't have to return. Sounds harsh I know but apparently year after year it has problems with no effort to improve. Mostly its the women who get shafted. Less prize money, less support etc. That's too bad that most promoters feel that way because the women's racing is just as action packed as any men's race and they put as much heart and soul into their profession. The women should get just as much money and prestige.

On my way see ya. I going to sneeze my way through another day. AWWWW CHOOOOO!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gesundheit!!!