Friday, May 12, 2006

Joe Martin Stage Race Day 1


Loading the bikes on the van is not my favorite task I partake in. Remember to whistle why you work. They look good though.

When there is all that red on the podium then loading the bikes doesn't seem that bad.

All long day yesterday getting bikes ready. Some of the girls I haven't seen since California. That means I haven't seen their bike either. Nice to see the ladies. The bikes needed more than my routine going over. Today was long too. Late morning drive to the start. Race finished aabout 5:30. Ate a burrito. Washed bikes. Check over. No tires to change, sweet. Go to bed 10pm. Get up at 5:30 for a double stage tomorrow. No offense to the promoter but why not just make it four days if you want four races. Double days are taxing for all involved. I think I'm getting a sore throat which is making me cranky on top of being tired so I'm signing off now.

Colavita/Cooking Light placed 1, 3, 5 today. Nice racing.

Good Night,
DJB

No comments: