Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hawaii wrap up cont'd cont.


This is where I stood and sweated all day. Not bad being right on the ocean though. (Note to self don't forget the anti-fatigue mat next year.)


Nice cob job to keep the post from slipping. (that bolt usually isn't there) Kim's insert pulled out again. Not sure why the JB Weld did not hold. It has worked fine before.


Linsey is one of the best folks I know and that's not just because she always says her bike "rocks" after I work on it. I predict good things for her. She seems to get stronger and stronger as an Ironman athlete. She's had quite a year with excellent results, getting hit by cars (I think she is on her third frame), an epic ride with Matt Seeley in AZ, and getting married. If you ever meet her, check out the scars on her arm. They are NICE!


This is me (obviously) on race morning in the bike transition making sure the Timex athletes are "aired up". For the Hawaii race I don't exactly have the correct credentials to be in there but the 3 security people said it was okay. Eventually after an hour some lady started following me around after talking on her radio. Then the master of security said I must leave. There was no reasoning with him. My pet peeve in life is folks who use their so called authority in some job position to be all high and mighty. For one thing it was your guys who let me in after I asked if I could be in there and now you are saying I snuck in. Go peddle your papers on something more important than me. At the time they asked me to leave I was actually helping random people put air in their tires since I had done all my athletes anyways. You think they would have appreciated me being there to help out.

On a funny note. One of the girls forgot her CO2 cartridges. Someone went to get them for me and I was told to tape them to her seat so she would know that we brought them for her. Typically she carries them in her pocket. Wouldn't you know it, in all the confusion of transition she jumped on her bike and sat on them. Oh well, at least she noticed them.


This is from the awards ceremony. I was brought up on stage and learned to twirl a stick with flames on the ends. Actually I was given some lessons backstage first. You know, for liability reasons. Pretty cool. In my book, it's all about experiencing the culture wherever I go. Thanks to Jako who sent me the photo. I appreciate it.

No comments: