Monday, April 03, 2006

Flyin to Tempe


This is the red truck I picked out.

This is the truck I'm afraid to look inside and find out what I have to do next.

Ouch!

Big D and Special K


Todays travel from Ojai, CA to Phoenix, AZ was pretty much uneventful. My two flight were short "hoppers". The time spent in the air was a lot shorter than the time spent waiting in lines. Before I knew it I was driving the full-size pick-up we rented through rush hour traffic and found Keith Meyer waiting at the rental house. We have plenty of room and after catchng up for a bit I became really relaxed and could have gone to bed. I think the constant on the go feeling has caught up with me. Tonight I should sleep like a log. For dinner Keith grilled some salmon topped with a mango salsa and I prepared the salad. Delicious!

My belly is full and I'm ready to call it a day. By the way, It is sunny and warm here. Jeans are too much. I left rainy California behind.

I listened to the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs about 5 times in a row today. I can't put my finger on it but their new album is really good. Thanks to Sarah Tillotson, the happiest post-race looking racer.

I'm missing the table tennis games. Since it was raining when I left Ojai it would have been a great day to kick some more "you know what". Ah I miss that.

Good night,
DOUG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you may have heard that we belly danced at a haunted mansion last night. i'm not certain that i believe in ghosts but after finding a piece of gum taped to my stem this morning i'm convinced that the gum fairy exists.