Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ojai, CA


The gang down to Ventura Beach.

Moi! I guess I could be somewhere worse.

These "oranges" are actually a sculpture. I think it is great. Sort of like gluing a quarter to the sidewalk and watching people trying to pick it up. Keep trying Sarah!

If I had a nickel every time Tina asks if her saddle is straight, I'd be rich.

The Colavita team has been enjoying another host family in Ojai, CA the last couple of days. Tomorrow is the Garret Lemire race. We are staying about 5 minutes from the course so there are no logistics to ponder in the morning.

I finshed the bike washing and my routine of checking over the bikes by dinner time so I was able to enjoy a great meal cooked by our hosts Roy and Lori. Since I only had to change a few cassettes and one tire on the race the wheels (Shimano DURA-ACE), the whole process ran much quicker. If someone were to ask me what I do to the bikes I probably couldn't describe it. I've done it so many times I just know what to do. Essentially its is checking the operation of everything on the bikes and looking for any potential problems. I also take a lot of pride of making them sparkle. Not only does a clean bike run well, the sponsors deserve a professional looking machine.

The last couple of days have been gray and rainy. Not today though. Actually got a little sunburn on my arms from the ride we did from Ojai down to Ventura Beach. It was mostly downhill on a bike path so there was no car traffic to deal with either.



Besides the sweet garage I'm working AND sleeping in, the house has a Ping Pong table. I was once told to not call it ping pong. It is officially known as table tennis. I really like playing and it has provided some great entertainment. I would play all day but I don't want to wear the girls down before the race. Not to brag or anything but noone has beaten me yet. Mostly I've been trash talking to give me the mental edge. In eighth grade only Andre Karkos was better than me.

Well it is time to call it a day,
DOUG

1 comment:

The Smessies said...

I'll whoop yo' ass boye. I officially challenge you to a game of table tennis. It's on now!