Sunday, April 09, 2006

Its a dry heat!


TIMEX team bikes. Looking fast

Keith Meyer in Peep Wars. You put a couple of marshmallow peeps in the microwave and whichever peeps fall first is the loser. Great fun!

Doug B. in the truck looking for that perfect tool for the job.

Everyone likes to gather in the kitchen so why not have a Peep War.


Yesterday while I'm in AZ the ladies got another win for the books at the Sea Otter Classic in California. NIce going. Wish I was there to see Tina win and its sounds like the whole team rode great support.

Ironman race days means this guy has to get up early to be in the bike transition to help our TIMEX athletes with last minute things. Mostly its pumping their tires and ensuring with some calming words that they are good to go. This morning I woke up at 4:15 so I could be down there by 5:00. Its a surreal scene with all 2000 athletes up before the sun getting ready. If you ever get a chance check one out.

Today I ended up forgoing the usual all day spectating and VIP access to the catered food to take a nap from 10-noon and then got ready for a ride. Ended up doing a 4 hour ride in 90 degree weather. Good thing I remembered the sunscreen. I felt great on the ride. Its was mostly flat except for a 6 mile climb up South Mountain. One thing about going up is you get to go down. The road was twisty and turny. The speed limit was 15 mph but I could easily and safely go about 30mph which is always fun to go faster than the cars.

One of our athletes, Matt, who is not competing had a unplanned epic 8.5 hour ride that involved sewing kits, dirt roads, begging non cyclists for water, and a map that he probably will consult closer next time. Matt is in charge of the ride up to the resort for our three day training camp tomorrrow. I'd understand if people are a little worried.

Cheers until next time,
DOUG

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peep killers! How rude!

Anonymous said...

peeps are innocent victims of your cruelty. I knew bike dudes were kinda busted in the ol' head, but I never pegged you as killers.Hope jebus doesn't punish you for this one.

Anonymous said...

Conventional Wisodom says avoid the peeps