Sunday, April 23, 2006

Lake Placid and Pro Cycling


Hey Dan T. here is my plank of wood I like to play.

Timex bikes assembled and ready to be shipped. P-U-R-D-Y, purdy!
Sunday night and I've been trying to figure more of this blog thing out. I still can't get a picture to post in my Profile section. In addition to that, I'm stumped silly to point of yelling at the computer because I can't fathom how to post links onto my page like everyone else can. I hate this whole thing because I end up wasting time on something that I shouldn't be spending time on. I had to resort to venting to Brooke Ourada. She assures me that by Joe Martin (its a race) she'll have me dialed in on the whole process.

A short story to tell you. On Friday I went most of the day thinking it was Saturday until Keith informed me it in fact was Friday. I didn't believe him and tried to correct him in his error. I had to ask the barista at Alterra Coffee what day it was. With a puzzled look at the guy wearing tights shorts and a helmet in front of her she replied it was Friday. Whoa! Where have I been I thought. I had emotions that ran the spectrum from dissapointment to elation. I prefer to think I was given a gift of another whole day in my life to enjoy.

My days have been busy in the shop. Getting ready to leave on Wednesday to drive to Georgia for another round of races with Colavita/Cooking Light team. The van gets pretty full with all the stuff we need so I literally have to go through all the gear and make sure there is nothing we don't need that is just taking up space. On the other hand I need to make sure we have everything we might need. Its better to have it just in case (within reason).

The other thing that has kept me busy is another batch of Quintana Roos needed assembly for the TIMEX team athletes. About 3 assemblies a day was my limit. Its one thing to build bikes out of the box but another thing to disassemble the parts that are not sponor correct and substitute with the Profile Design and FSA parts. It just adds more time to the whole process. As the photos show, it is uncanny how all the different parts fit the overall color scheme. We did not even plan it like this. They are soooooo matching! Only the CSC team matches as well as the Timex team does.

Got a call the other day from the big guy, Tom Schuler, while he was at the Tour of Georgia. Mister multi-tasker was making phone calls and trail running at the same time. He told me met up with a friend of my mine, PJ, who works with the Discovery Team. (PJ do I have your most current e-mail or do you not answer e-mails). Tom also said another friend of mine was there driving the Discovery bus or something. Its still a mystery but its sounds like maybe Greg Bobolarry. If this is true then that makes 5 Lake Placid chumps that are involved in the world of Pro Cycling. In no partitcular order there is Doug Berner, Jim Williams, Tim Chien, PJ Rabice, and Greg B. You can even count Mike Jones from Health-Net since he spent enough time there too before he became SO PRO JONES. There must be something in that mountain air that makes us so talented.

Well I'm standing next to a mountain
Chop it down with the edge of my hand

DOUG

4 comments:

TC said...

Next time I'm going up Whiteface I'll think of that line...and those are some hot looking rides you got there, Jimi. PJ if you see this when you get your hands free from patting your boys on the back drop me a line!

TC said...

You could also count Racin' Robby Ketchell and Joanne Reed, working with Philly...

Courtenay said...

if you still want to post links: go to the template section of your dashboard, and in the template, do a "find" (if you're on a PC it's control+F, on a mac I think it's open-apple+F) and type in "google" since that's one of your links right now, and then you should see what the template is like. type the web address for the link you want over the google web address, and the name of the link in the quotes where it says google...
my template is a different one than yours but they are basically the same format, just slightly different code.
i like your blog.

Courtenay said...

part of that was confusing:
...type in "google" since that's one of your links right now, and then you should see what the format is for including links...