Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Long Beach


It was hard to choose which model. I decided to buy the green one.

From what I understand Chris's Mini Cooper is a little more than just the stock version.

Chris took me by West Coast Choppers to see where it actually happens. I felt like a tourist geek.

Todays agenda was to go visit one of our main sponsors, Profile Design, in Long Beach. They provide us with all our handlebars, stems, TT bars, seatposts, bar wrap, and bottle cages. Chris Travers showed me the warehouse which houses Profile Design, TItec, Primo, Cheng Shin Rubber, and a division for medical rubber and wheels (wheelchairs, motorized chairs, etc.) Lots and lots of shelving that's for sure. After picking around for some hardware I needed, Chris took me to lunch at the Yard House. In about a week he said this place will be too busy to even stand in because the Long Beach Grand Prix will be taking place. The barricades on the finish straight were in place with no one in sight so Chris punched the gas in the mini for the full effect. As the pictures show he showed me around town a little too. Chris has been great to work with at Profile Design so it was interesting to see how his end of the world operates.

Tonight is our last night in Redlands so we are taking the host family(s) out to the Olive Garden because that's what we do. It's all about family!

Cheers,
DOUG

No comments: