Friday, March 10, 2006

Fingers Crossed

Attention, Attention Doug will be hitting the road again! That's right. I picked up the van tonight. I thought about packing up and leaving but decided to get some early shut-eye and get up before the sun to leave. I have to get an oil change in Las Vegas anyway. I should get to LV mid morning. Hopefully everything goes well this time.

I will get to see some of the ladies afterall I think. I'm looking forward to getting my grove on with the bikes although I'm behind the ball. I'll do my best to get caught up.

I mentioned I was going to give the public bus system a try. Although it got me to where I wanted to go, it was quite a world of travelers. The bus system should be known as one big nicotine party and I was not part of the gang. At the transfer point there is a 10 minute wait which means everyone stands around to bum smokes. I also noticed the high school kids are really foul mouthed. On more than one occasion on my visit they can be heard shouting out across parking lots etc. They seem to be living in a world of want-to-be thugs. Pull your pants up and shut your mouth kid. (Am I old now?) The kids I've worked with are not like that. Something has gone on here with these kids. Anyways I've decided the bus system was not for me and resorted to the bike for transportation. I guess my idea of the bus ride turned out different than I assumed it would be. Bikes rule and are faster. Going somewhere under your own power is freedom.

Until Fresno say a few prayers and keep your fingers crossed for me and the van,
DOUG

No comments: