Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nothing



Hello! I don't think I have much to mumble about. Yesterday I had a good ride. Stayed down in the valley because the weather was a bit iffy and was probably snowing and cold if I started to gain elevation. Other than that life is boring. I got two flats yesterday. Luckily on the second flat I was in town and near an REI so I could replenish my CO2 for another day. Bike stuff is expensive in that store. The pictures I'm posting are from the ride. The cool thing about bike riding is the stuff you see. Now I probably would not have seen a fish sculpture made from license plates driving around in a car. Another thing about Grand Junction are the street names. Now you see why it was important to understand your fractions in school. Why don't they just use whole numbers? I could understand 26 1/2 street but why 3/8? Some of the streets even have a letter and a fraction (C 1/2). Was there a town planning board that discussed this?

It is raining/snowing today so I'm not intending to get in a ride today. If I were a pro I would be expected to. I will gladly go if someone wants to pay me to ride. There was a time in my life I'd go ride but not now. I actually like racing in the bad conditions. Its a tough guy kind of riding. Easier to psych people out when they are miserable in that kind of weather.

I'm going to try out the bus transportation today. It will give me something to do. Its too far to walk downtown and I don't want to get soaked riding my bike. There are some good looking (at least from the outside) pawn shops I'd like to check out. One of them has a bunch of guitars. You never know I might find the deal of the century. Some vintage guitars have been found in pawn shops because no one knew what they were. Some of those are worth 5 figures. (Ben, If you're reading this I'll call you for your vintage knowledge).

See You Everyone,
DOUG

No comments: