Thursday, March 02, 2006

Life ain't nothing but a funny funny riddle




Thursday! I wish there was more to comment on. I went to Walmart. Went for a ride. Took a nap. What to do for dinner is next. Pretty much what I did yesterday.

Todays weather was in the forties with a cold wind. For quite awhile during the ride I felt like I was listing to the right due to the side winds. The roads around here have good pavement just no scenery to look at. Thank goodness for IPODs. I rearranged my ipod tunes this morning. Came up with a playlist to ride to. One of my favorite moments is when I came upon the town sign for Lewis. At that moment John Denver's "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" came on. It was a kick-ass song to come on. A perfect moment. After that song, "Crazy Train" (Ozzy) came on. There is a part in between the main chord structure where Randy Rhodes plays a little run of notes that is stimulating. So stuff like that helped to burn up the cold miles.

At first I thought the sign read that Atlantic was the Capitol of Iowa. No it is the Coca-Cola capitol of Iowa. Does every state have a Coca-Cola capitol? If so I missed that day in grade school.

I took a pic of me in the hotel since I spend enough time here. It has a desk which is nice. From my experience you don't always get that. Most of the time I wouldn't care but it's come in handy for this occasion. I have no window that faces the outside. The only window looks out on the pool area. That's my only wish is that I had a connection to the outside from this room.

Cheers,
Doug

No comments: