Saturday, March 25, 2006

Redlands Life


Do you know what happens to a garage when you invite a professional bike team to stay at your house. We fill it up with bikes and equipment! This is our host Serena's garage. I have to say from a mechanics perspective this is plush digs to work in. Using host houses like we do keeps me from working in hotel parking lots.


The bikes getting washed. They get washed after every day of racing. Once you get your system down it doesn't take too long.

The Redlands quiver of bikes drying in the sun.

Since the last time I posted, myself and the team have moved from our host family in Fresno to another host in Redlands, CA. The Redlands classic started with Friday’s Time Trial and today (Saturday) was the criterium. My days have been occupied with washing bikes, changing tires, changing cassettes….etc.

Although this is not the first race of the year, it is probably the biggest and most note worthy. What’s been fun is to see some folks I haven’t seen since last season. A shout out to mechanic extrodinaire Chris Davidson who is working with the Ford mountain bike team. (Check out his mechanic diary on cycling news). Caught up with Mike Engleman who is with the Ford ladies too. The man with the plan Chris Travers from Profile Design stopped by on Friday to check out his favorite team of ladies and pass out some groovy flip flops.

By the way, we won today’s race. Tina gets the credit for being first across the line but it takes all the ladies to do their job for her to win. Unfortunately, I was manhandled by a woman because I was in the camera shot so I didn’t see Tina cross the line. Sheesh!

2 comments:

The Smessies said...

Wow, you must really be living it up these days Doug. No scruff on that face. I hardly saw that last year. Miss ya, and you know I'd be out there helping you wash thoes bikes if I were there. Congrats to Tina, and Dotsie for their great rides at Redlands.

The Smessies said...

Are any of the girls making you samiches and milk??? Do I need to give lessons?