Friday, March 03, 2006

Pigs are curious




Another day of Atlantic. I rode by the repair place and John said the van would be close to being done and to check back around 4pm. I went for a ride and had something to eat. I went to see about the van in the afternoon but he was a little behind. Oh well. Maybe in the morning. I can't really complain about Bair Firestone. They are doing a great job to get me back on the road. The engine is in. They're just hooking everything back up. Hopefully I might be driving tomorrow. Looks like about 25 hours to Fresno.

When I was in the repair shop a customer heard me talking and wondered what the heck have I been doing in this town to stay occupied. I told him I've been riding my bike and watching TV. Then there was a store wide conversation about where I should be riding. Apparently there is a rail-trail around here and they wanted to make sure I knew about it.

Rode by some pigs today. They came running to check me out. Then scurried away when I pulled out the camera. Then came back to check it out. Then scurried away again when I dismounted the bike. Then came back to check me out again. Then got bored with me and ran away again.

I've always thought Coca-Cola was good for me at the end of races. The sign reinforces the belief that it fights fatigue. ( How about this sign for your house Plow?)

Keep your fingers crossed about the van,
DOUG

No comments: